Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen1 Full Specifications
In today’s morning, at Snapdragon Technology Summit, Qualcomm officially launched a new generation of mobile platform Snapdragon 8 Gen1, using Samsung’s 4nm process to build and announced Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen1 full specifications.
Qualcomm said it is the most powerful mobile processor for cell phones to date and will be commercially available at the end of 2021. Official introduction, the new generation of Snapdragon 8 mobile platform is the most advanced 5G mobile platform, it is integrated with the 4th generation Snapdragon X65 5G modem and RF system, is the world’s first 5G modem and RF solution to support 10Gbps download speed.
It also features the Qualcomm FastConnect 6900 Mobile Connectivity System, which supports the fastest Wi-Fi speeds available today at up to 3.6Gbps over Wi-Fi 6/6E.
Imaging, the first commercially available 18-bit ISP for mobile devices, capable of capturing more than 4,000 times the dynamic range of the previous generation platform at 3.2 billion pixels per second, is also the first mobile platform to support 8K HDR video capture and is capable of shooting in over 1 billion colors in the top HDR10+ format.
And the new generation of Snapdragon 8 mobile platform also includes a fourth independent ISP with the addition of a new low-power smart-aware ISP that supports cameras running at extremely low power consumption, enabling users to feel the convenience of the always-on face unlock feature.
AI, Snapdragon 8 Gen1 integrated with the 7th generation of Qualcomm AI engine, compared with the previous generation, tensor gas pedal speed and shared memory are increased to two times the previous generation of the platform, integrated Leica Leitz style (Leica Leitz Look) filter, the bokeh effect is once again improved.
In addition, the 3rd generation Qualcomm Sensor Hub supports a new always-on AI system that enables more data information to be processed with AI at extremely low power consumption.
For gaming, the new generation Snapdragon 8 mobile platform comes with a built-in next-generation mobile GPU that officially claims a 30 percent faster graphics rendering speed and 25 percent lower power consumption compared to its predecessor, along with over 50 Snapdragon Elite Gaming features.
While supporting Variable Rate Shading Pro, another first-of-its-kind mobile feature that provides game developers with finer control of rendering granularity to further enhance game performance.
For audio, integrated Bluetooth 5.2 and Snapdragon Sound Snapdragon Listen to technology, combined with Qualcomm aptX Lossless audio technology for CD-quality lossless wireless audio, is the first Snapdragon mobile platform to support the new LE Audio feature.
In terms of security, it supports vault-level security features, is the first Snapdragon platform to feature a dedicated Trust Management Engine, and is the world’s first mobile platform to comply with the Android Ready SE standard (a new standard for digital car keys, driver’s licenses and more).
In addition, the Qualcomm Secure Processing Unit (SPU) supports an integrated SIM card (IM) that allows users to connect to cellular networks without a SIM card.
As for manufacturers, according to Qualcomm, (in alphabetical order) Black Shark, Honor, iQOO, Motorola, Nubia, OnePlus, OPPO, Realme, Redmi Redmi, Sharp, Sony, Vivo, Xiaomi, and ZTE will be equipped with the new generation Snapdragon 8 mobile platform, and commercial devices are expected to hit the market by the end of 2021.
Snapdragon 8 Gen1 Full Specifications
- Qualcomm Artificial Intelligence (AI) Engine
- AIE GPU: Qualcomm Adreno GPU
- Always-on AI: Qualcomm Sensing Hub
- AIE CPU: Qualcomm Kryo CPU
- Hexagon Processor: Fused AI Accelerator architecture, Qualcomm Hexagon Vector eXtensions (HVX), Qualcomm Hexagon Scalar Accelerator, Qualcomm Hexagon Tensor Accelerator
- CPU Clock Speed: Up to 3.0 GHz
- CPU Cores: Qualcomm Kryo CPU
- CPU Architecture: 64-bit
- Cellular Modem-RF
- Modem Name: Snapdragon X65 5G Modem-RF System
- Peak Download Speed: 10 Gbps
- Cellular Modem-RF Specs: 8 carriers (mmWave), 2×2 MIMO (mmWave), 4×4 MIMO (Sub-6)
- Performance Enhancement Technologies: Qualcomm 5G PowerSave 2.0, Qualcomm Smart Transmit 2.0 technology, Qualcomm Wideband Envelope Tracking, Qualcomm AI-Enhanced Signal Boost
- Cellular Technology: 5G mmWave and sub-6 GHz, FDD, 5G NR, Dynamic Spectrum Sharing (DSS), SA (standalone), TDD, NSA (non-standalone), sub-6 GHz, HSPA, WCDMA, LTE including CBRS support, TD-SCDMA, CDMA 1x, EV-DO, GSM/EDGE
- Multi-SIM: Global 5G Multi-SIM
- Wi-Fi/Bluetooth System: Qualcomm FastConnect 6900
- Peak Speed: 3.6 Gbps
- Standards: 802.11ax, Wi-Fi 6E, 802.11ac, 802.11a/b/g/n
- Wi-Fi Spectral Bands: 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, 6 GHz
- Peak QAM: 4k QAM
- Wi-Fi Features: 4-stream Dual-band simultaneous (DBS), OFDMA (Uplink and Downlink), MU-MIMO (Uplink and Downlink)
- MIMO Configuration: 2×2 (2-stream)
- Wi-Fi/Bluetooth System: Qualcomm FastConnect 6900
- Bluetooth Specification Version: Bluetooth 5.2
- Bluetooth Features: Dual Bluetooth antennas, LE Audio Features, Snapdragon Sound technology suite
- Satellite Systems Support: Beidou, Galileo, GLONASS, NavIC, GPS, QZSS
- Dual Frequency Support: Yes (L1/L5)
- Accuracy: Urban pedestrian navigation with sidewalk accuracy
- Additional Location Features: Global freeway lane-level vehicle navigation
- Near Field Communications: Supported
- USB Version: USB 3.1, USB-C
- Image Signal Processor: Qualcomm Spectra image signal processor, Triple 18-bit ISPs, Hardware accelerator for computer vision (CV-ISP)
- Triple Camera, MFNR, ZSL, 30fps: Up to 36 MP
- Dual Camera, MFNR, ZSL, 30fps: Up to 64+36 MP
- Single Camera, MFNR, ZSL, 30fps: Up to 108 MP
- Single Camera: Up to 200 MP
- Camera Features: Multi-frame Noise Reduction (MFNR), AI-based face detection, auto-focus, and auto-exposure, Locally Motion Compensated Temporal Filtering, Low light photography architecture
- Slow Motion Video Capture: 720p @ 960 FPS
- Video Capture Formats: Dolby Vision, HDR10, HDR10+, HLG
- Video Capture Features: 4K Video Capture @ 120 FPS, 8K video capture at 30fps, Bokeh Engine for Video Capture, Video super-resolution
- Video Capture: 8K HDR Video Capture + 64 MP Photo Capture
- Video Playback
- Codec Support: Dolby Vision, HDR10+, HDR10, HLG, H.264 (AVC), H.265 (HEVC), VP8, VP9
- Video Playback: HDR Playback Codec support for HDR10+, HDR10, HLG, and Dolby Vision
- Max On-Device Display: 4K @ 60 Hz, QHD+ @ 144 Hz
- Max External Display: Up to 4K @ 60 Hz
- HDR: HDR10+, HDR10
- Color Depth: Up to 10-bit
- Color Gamut: Rec2020
- Qualcomm Aqstic technology: Qualcomm Aqstic audio codec up to Qualcomm WCD9385, Qualcomm Aqstic smart speaker amplifier up to Qualcomm WSA8835
- Qualcomm aptX audio playback support: Qualcomm aptX Lossless, Qualcomm aptX Voice, Qualcomm aptX Adaptive
- GPU Name: Qualcomm Adreno GPU
- API Support: OpenCL 2.0 FP, OpenGL ES 3.2, Vulkan 1.1
- Qualcomm Quick Charge Technology Support: Qualcomm Quick Charge 5 technology
- Security Support
- Fingerprint Sensor: Qualcomm 3D Sonic Sensor, Qualcomm 3D Sonic Sensor Max
- Secure Processing Unit: Biometric Authentication (Fingerprint, Iris, Voice, Face)
- Security Features: Platform Security Foundations, Qualcomm Trusted Execution Environment & Services, Qualcomm Type-1 Hypervisor, Qualcomm wireless edge services, and Premium security features
- Wi-Fi Security: WPA3 Easy Connect, WPA3-Enhanced Open, WPA3-Enterprise, WPA3-Personal
- Memory Speed: 3200 MHz
- Memory Type: LPDDR5
- Process Node and Technology: 4 nm
- Part Number(s): SM8450