Lenovo ThinkPhone by Motorola
Today, Lenovo ThinkPhone has been officially launched at CES 2023, which is a Motorola-made smartphone that looks like a Lenovo ThinkPad laptop and brings unmatched business experience, secured by ThinkShield.
Technically, Lenovo ThinkPhone comes with a 6.6-inch OLED display with a resolution of 2400 × 1080p and a refresh rate of 144Hz, the screen also offers HDR10+ support. The device is powered by a Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 chip and has 8GB or 12GB of RAM and 128GB, 256GB, or 512GB of storage.
Lenovo ThinkPhone comes in a charcoal black color and special red buttons that can be customized to perform different tasks – open the Walkie Talkie app via Microsoft Teams or open business or field apps.
The back panel is designed with lightweight aramid fiber, while the frame is made of aircraft-grade aluminum. The front is covered with Gorilla Glass Victus, and the back is adorned with a special ThinkPhone logo.
Lenovo ThinkPhone also has IP68 and MIL-STD 810H certified, so it can withstand drops of up to 1.25 meters and swim in 1.5 meters of water for 30 minutes. It has a built-in 5000mAh battery and supports 68W wired charging and 15W wireless charging.
In terms of camera, the Lenovo ThinkPhone comes with a 50MP f/1.8 main camera with 4-in-1 pixels, resulting in a 2.0μm pixel size. The camera supports both PDAF phase detection autofocus and OIS optical stabilization. There is also a 13MP f/2.2 ultra wide-angle lens that supports macro shooting. A 32MP selfie camera with autofocus support.
More than just new branding, the ThinkPhone enables integration with Lenovo ThinkPad laptops. Lenovo ThinkPhone by Motorola introduces Think 2 Think connectivity powered by Ready For, a set of productivity experiences that allows business end users to enjoy seamless device integration between ThinkPhone and a ThinkPad. The Think 2 Think experiences include:
- Instant Connect: Phone and PC seamlessly discover when nearby and connect over WiFi.
- Unified Clipboard: Seamlessly transfer copied text or recent photos, scanned documents, and videos between devices by pasting them into any app on the destination device.
- Unified Notifications: Phone notifications instantly appear on the Windows Action Center. Clicking a notification auto-launches the corresponding phone app on the PC’s screen.
- File Drop: Easily drag and drop files between ThinkPhone and PC.
- App Streaming: Open any Android application directly on a PC.
- Advanced Webcam: Take advantage of the powerful ThinkPhone cameras and AI capabilities, seamlessly using it as your webcam for all your video calls.
- Instant Hotspot: Connect to the internet through one click, directly from the PC to leverage the ThinkPhone’s 5G connectivity.
Moto KeySafe is handled separately and adds a layer of security – keeping PINs and passwords, encryption keys, and other sensitive data in a tamper-proof environment. Finally, Moto OEMConfig or Moto Device Manager will allow IT administrators to remotely configure the ThinkPhone for enterprise customers.
Motorola ThinkPhone will be available in the United States, Europe, Latin America, the Middle East, Australia, and select Asian countries/regions in the coming months. Lenovo has not yet disclosed the price, but since it is a B2B, primarily enterprise-oriented device.