Redmi K50 Series Brings Bluetooth 5.3 and LC3 Audio Codec
On March 17, Redmi’s new flagship K50 Series will be officially released. Today, Redmi announced some of the key parameters of the new machine on Weibo, saying that the K50 series will create a full range of experience upgrades, with upgrades to connectivity, power consumption, vibration, and positioning.
It is reported that the Redmi K50 series combines dual-band GPS, NFC, infrared remote control, and X-axis motor all rolled into one. Besides the above-mentioned useful features, Redmi K50 Series brings Bluetooth 5.3, will be the first in the industry to support this new standard.
Bluetooth 5.3 features lower latency, a favorite of gaming enthusiasts, lower power consumption, stronger anti-interference ability, big improvement in sound quality, and support the new LC3 audio codec.
Careful users noticed that the small print part of the poster shows: Bluetooth 5.3 needs to be used with support for LC3 headphones, which means that Redmi may also launch related headphones.
Some of the technical properties of LC3 Audio Codec include (Listed on Bluetooth Official Website, K50 may or may not have all specifications):
- It is a block-based transform audio codec
- It provides a wide range of usable bitrates
- It supports a frame interval of 10 ms and 7.5 ms
- It supports the following bit depths: 16, 24, and 32 bits per audio sample
- It supports an unlimited number of audio channels
- It supports the following sampling rates: 8 kHz, 16 kHz, 24 kHz, 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, and 48 kHz