Samsung Galaxy S22 Series Super-Resolution Algorithm
In addition to the hardware specifications consistent with previous leaks, the PPT also reveals several new features of the S22 Series, including a new “Super-Resolution Algorithm” feature in terms of photography.
According to the PPT, thanks to the new generation of SOC in the ISP performance, the upcoming S22 series can use its main camera’s 50MP/108MP native mode, and the synthesis of the 12MP mode combined with the former’s details and the latter’s brightness information, so that the final film has a clearer performance.
Although the 108 megapixels main camera has existed since the Galaxy S20 series, it has previously only supported pixel synthesis mode and native mode for separate imaging, and it is the first time that two modes of the same main camera have been used to enhance the final image.
This time the Samsung Galaxy S22 series although the rear camera hardware changes little, with the new algorithm support, can also be very worth looking forward to. In addition, it is reported that this time Samsung also added a new AI resolution function, which can reverse AI to enhance the clarity of the 108MP mode, and combined with 12MP mode to improve the brightness performance of this model.
According to the Ice Universe, the 108-megapixel photo volume of the enhanced mode is larger, increasing from 22.9MB to 32.27MB, and also requires up to 2 seconds of background processing time when taking photos. But the final imaging details and post space are worth waiting for.
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra Camera Modules
- Ultra Wide 12 MP F2.2 (Dual PixelAF)
- Wide 108 MP F1.8 (PD), OIS
- Tele110 MP F2.4 (3x, Dual Pixel AF), OIS
- Tele2 10 MP F4.9 (10x, Dual Pixel AF) OIS
- Front 40 MP F2.2 (PD)
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra Camera Features
- 100X Space Zoom, 3x/10x Optical Zoom
- Scene Analyzation for more detailed, realistic videos
- New Adaptive Pixel for maximum detail and brightness
- Redesigned AI ISP for reducing noise in photos
- Advanced VDIS for faster prediction of the movement of phone and subject
- AI Scene Understanding for focusing fast-moving objects
- AI Restoration for detailed expression of skin and eyebrows
- AI Stereo Depth Map for clearer segmentation
- Director’s View for Multiple viewing angles in one shot
- Object Eraser
- Performance Optimization for extended uses time