Snapdragon 8 Gen1 PPT and Snapdragon G3x Gen1
Just a day left for Qualcomm to reveal next-generation flagship processor Snapdragon 8 Gen1 on December 1 at Snapdragon Technology Summit, VideoCardZ media revealed Snapdragon 8 Gen1 PPT showing nearly all new upgrades.
VideoCardZ claims to have gotten a PPT of Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 flagship processor, showing highlights of the processor’s parameters, it includes:
- Name: Snapdragon 8 Gen1
- Built on: 4nm process
- Performance: 20% increase in CPU performance and 30% reduction in power consumption.
- Graphics: Equipped with 4th generation Adreno GPU, with 30% higher GPU performance and 25% lower power consumption, and 60% higher Vulkan performance.
- Connectivity: Support 5G Modem-RF, WiFi 6/6E
- AI: Equipped with 7th generation Qualcomm AI engine, 3rd generation Qualcomm Sensing Hub.
- Imaging: Equipped with Snapdragon Sight for improved imaging.
In addition, the PPT shows that Qualcomm will work with Thunderbird to launch a developer kit with Snapdragon G3x chips. The device offers a 120Hz HDR OLED display and a large 6000mAh battery, which looks like a gaming handheld, but it is not known what system it will be equipped with and how the gaming ecosystem will develop.
According to previous news, the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chip uses Samsung’s 4nm process and is still an eight-core design, with one X2 super core at 3.0 GHz, three A710 large cores at 2.5 GHz, and four A510 small cores at 1.8 GHz.