Google Chrome 94
Today, Google started rolling out the Chrome 94 stable version. It’s the first update in a new strategy of a four-week big upgrade. Chrome 94 has been officially released, you can find the update in Play Store or settings on the laptop.
New Features in Chrome 94
- New tabs show Google Drive files: Chrome has added a card design to its new tabs, and in the latest version, the card already shows the three most recent Google Drive files, called “From your Google Drive,” which can be turned off manually.
- New graphics API: Chrome 94 begins testing a new WebGPU API that allows web developers to take advantage of a computer’s GPU, which is more useful for games.
- Further HTTPS Prioritization: Chrome 94 adds a mode called “HTTPS-First” that prioritizes all web pages for HTTPS access and will alert full-screen when HTTP access is used if it fails to load.
- New Sharing Center: the new “Share Center” component that integrates various web sharing methods into one place. By clicking the paper airplane icon on the right side of the address bar, users can see the new Share Center, which includes copying links, saving web pages, and more ways to share them. This feature needs to be turned on in the Experimentation option: chrome://flags (chrome://flags/#sharing-hub-desktop-app-menu).
- Chrome 94 for Android gets more Material You designs: Material You is a new design style introduced by Google in Android 12. Google brought the Material You design to Chrome 93, and with Chrome 94, the interface will be more consistent.
- Chrome tabs for iOS are optimized: Chrome 94 for iOS has optimized tabs, allowing you to perform actions on multiple tabs at once.
- Chrome DevTools now supports 80+ languages
- New Nest Hubs in the device list: now you can choose to see web styles and designs in the Nest Hub
- New checkbox to invert web filters
- Scrollbar-Gutter property: allows developers to prevent layout changes when content is expanded and avoid unnecessary changes when scrolling is not needed