iQOO 8 Pro DisplayMate Rating
Although the official launch of the iQOO 8 series is scheduled for today’s evening, the iQOO 8 Pro DisplayMate rating has already been released for the display test, the flagship model in the series, ahead of others. DisplayMate preemptively announced the screen rating of iQOO 8 Pro: A+ grade, breaking 14 records of DisplayMate, which should also be the first time iQOO sent a test to DisplayMate, right?
After a series of tests, DisplayMate found the iQOO 8 Pro’s screen to be a “world class smartphone”, breaking 14 of their records and therefore awarded it an A+ rating representing the best display quality.
The iQOO 8 Pro is equipped with a 3200 × 1440 resolution OLED display, which is made of Samsung E5 material. The system internally supports Standard Mode (Color Management), Professional Mode (DCI-P3 Content), and Professional modes (sRGB Content) modes depending on the display content.
DisplayMate’s test data shows that the color temperature of iQOO 8 Pro’s screen in professional mode is 6530K, and the color accuracy of JNCD in DCI-P3 and sRGB calibration is 1 and 0.7 respectively, which is an excellent color accuracy performance. The standard mode adjusts the white point toward cooler colors based on the professional mode, while the sharp mode makes full use of the native color gamut of this OLED panel.
The maximum brightness of the iQOO 8 Pro is between 475nit and 480nit in manual mode, and up to 980nit in auto-brightness mode. iQOO 8 Pro’s peak screen brightness can reach 1508nit in standard mode with external bright light stimulation.
The iQOO 8 Pro’s screen sets 14 DisplayMate records, including best color accuracy, highest full-screen brightness, and highest peak brightness. iQOO 8 Pro offers textbook color calibration and near-perfect color accuracy, as do very few top smartphone screens, according to DisplayMate. DisplayMate has therefore decided to award it with an A+ rating, as well as the DisplayMate Award for Best Smartphone Display.
iQOO 8 Pro DisplayMate 14 records are listed as below:
- Highest absolute color accuracy: 0.2 JNCD for sRGB gamut and 0.4 JNCD for DCI-P3 gamut.
- The smallest maximum color error: 0.7 JNCD for the sRGB gamut and 1.0 JNCD for the DCI-P3 gamut.
- Minimum color accuracy variation using APL: 0.1 JNCD for sRGB gamut and 0.2 JNCD for DCI-P3 gamut.
- Minimum maximum color shift with APL: 0.3 JNCD for sRGB gamut and 0.6 JNCD for DCI-P3 gamut.
- Highest image contrast accuracy and intensity scale accuracy: 2.20 Gamma).
- The smallest APL to change the image contrast and intensity scale: 0.01 Gamma).
- The smallest APL change in peak brightness: 2%.
- The highest full-screen brightness for OLED smartphones: 980nits at 100% APL.
- Highest peak display brightness: 1508nits at low APL.
- Maximum native color gamut: 112% DCI-P3 and 140% sRGB / Rec.709 in bright color mode.
- Maximum contrast ratio: infinity.
- Lowest screen reflectance: 4.9%.
- Highest contrast ratio in ambient light: 200nits at 100% APL and 308nits at peak brightness.
- The highest 3K visible resolution: 3200 × 1440.
According to the official information released by iQOO, iQOO 8 Pro is the world’s first cell phone with a Samsung E5 material OLED screen, supporting native 10bit color depth and pixel density up to 517ppi. In addition, the phone supports LTPO variable refresh rate technology, supporting 1Hz~120Hz adaptive refresh rate. There are also configurations such as Qualcomm Snapdragon 888+ mobile platform, 120W fast charging, 50MP micro cloud platform gimbal stabilization main camera + 48MP ultra wide-angle camera, VIS, etc…