MediaTek Kompanio 1300T
MediaTek’s new mobile computing platform, the MediaTek Kompanio 1300T, is named after the super-powerful, fast and massive “Kompanio”, signifying the powerful computing capabilities of this series and providing a solid computing foundation for mobile computing devices.
It features TSMC’s 6nm process, octa-core CPU architecture, MediaTek APU with integrated AI processor, 5G Sub-6GHz full-band and 5G dual-carrier aggregation, 5G+5G dual standby, and other advanced technologies. With powerful computing power, high-speed network connectivity, advanced multimedia, and gaming technologies, Kompanio 1300T enables device manufacturers to create powerful, thin, and portable high-end tablets that provide users with a fish-like experience.
Officially, MediaTek Kompanio 1300T Platform will enhance the experience of premium tablets with powerful performance and advanced 5G connectivity, multimedia, and gaming technologies
There is a growing demand right now for personal computing devices designed for both remote work and multimedia entertainment. That’s why MediaTek is focused on integrating the latest advancements in computing, communication, multimedia, AI, gaming, and wireless connectivity into the Kompanio series. Our Kompanio chips allow brands to design lightweight tablets and personal computing products with robust performance and prolonged battery life so they can bring innovative features and new mobile computing experiences to users.said PC Tseng, General Manager of Intelligent Multimedia Business Unit at MediaTek.
The Kompanio 1300T chip integrates an octa-core CPU with high-performance Arm Cortex-A78 cores and power-efficient Arm Cortex-A55 cores. In addition, it is a high-performance nine-core Arm Mali-G77 MC9 GPU that provides premium computing performance and supports high frame rates (2.5K+120Hz) for longer, smoother gaming.
Whether you’re using a Kompanio-powered device for business needs, streaming entertainment, or video conferencing, it can deliver faster, more reliable Wi-Fi connectivity for ultra-efficient performance and all-day battery life. The Kompanio 1300T incorporates MediaTek’s APU to provide powerfully, energy-efficient AI computing power for the latest voice and visual applications.
The Kompanio 1300T support 5G sub-6GHz bands, 5G-2CA as well as Dual 5G SIM, in addition to supporting 5G Elevator Mode & 5G HSR Mode enhancements – allowing users to enjoy high-speed connectivity for a variety of applications.
With MediaTek’s 5G UltraSave power-saving enhancements, the platform can automatically adjust power consumption and other configurations based on a device’s network and data transmission quality to extend battery life.
As for multimedia, the MediaTek Kompanio 1300T supports multiple-scene HDR10+, AI-PQ (picture quality) technologies, and MediaTek’s chip-level eye protection engine to filter blue light, in addition, to support for dual-monitors with two full HD displays, giving users the best visual experiences. The chip also supports staggered 4K HDR video recording technology and integrates the latest imaging, encoding, decoding, and playback features for unrivaled 4K video capabilities.
Additional features of the Kompanio 1300T platform include:
- Enhanced Color Display: The chip supports 2.5K displays with a refresh rate of up to 120 Hz in addition to integrating intelligent dynamic frame rate technologies and support for HDR10+ video playback. Equipped with MediaTek’s MiraVision technology and eye protection engine, the Kompanio 1300T can intelligently alter picture attributes such as hue saturation, brightness, sharpness, resolution, and frame rate for improved visual quality.
- Professional Imaging: MediaTek’s latest chip enables multi-camera designs with 108MP cameras, 4K 60fps video encoding and decoding, chip-level staggered 4K HDR video recording, Multi-Depth Smart Focus, and AI-Clear Streaming for superior photography, video recording, and live streaming capabilities.
- Intelligent Voice Recognition: The Kompanio 1300T enables AI-powered voice assistants and integrates an ultra-low-power voice on wakeup (VoW) function. With several built-in audio frameworks, it provides excellent audio decoding and multi-channel audio output, creating immersive audio-visual experiences.
- Boosted Gaming Experience: The new platform features MediaTek’s HyperEngine 3.0 and gaming optimizations for networks, controls, performance, power efficiency, and image quality, giving gamers a split-second edge in-game to outperform the competition.
- High-speed Connections: Providing support for full bands for 5G Sub-6GHz and 2CC Carrier Aggregation (2CC CA), Wi-Fi 6, and Bluetooth 5.2, the Kompanio 1300T chip enables high-speed network connection in all scenarios, whether users connect through cellular or wireless broadband networks.
MediaTek Kompanio chips have played a critical role in MediaTek’s business in recent years. Kompanio chips are now widely adopted by many device manufacturers, powering several best-selling personal computing devices, including Chromebooks and tablets. Tablet computers powered by the Kompanio 1300T platform are expected to be announced in the third quarter of 2021.
The first tablet equipped with MediaTek Kompanio 1300T chip, immediately available. You can admire that it is the Honor V7 Pro that was released on August 12 along with the Magic 3 Series.