Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 Development Kit
Lantronix has partnered with Qualcomm to release the first single-board computer development kit based on the flagship Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 processor, designed to help developers create a variety of smart devices.
The development kit measures 100 x 85 mm and features the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 processor, which includes a powerful Cortex-X1 core up to 2.84 GHz, three Cortex-A78 cores, and four energy-efficient Cortex-A55 cores, and an Adreno 660 graphics processor.
However, the specifications of the development kit do not mention cellular support but speak of the adaptation of Gigabit Ethernet, Wi-Fi 6 (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax), and Bluetooth 5.1 and NFC modules.
In terms of storage, the development kit comes with 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM and 256GB of UFS 3.0 flash memory, and an optional microSD card can be installed. In terms of ports, there are two M.2 ports, a standard 3.5mm audio jack, two USB 3.0 ports and a USB 3.1 Type-C port, and an HDMI 2.0 port for image output.
Notably, the development kit comes with a 6.65-inch AMOLED WQHD touchscreen (2340 x 1080 pixels). Besides, developers will be able to purchase an additional front camera module with a 20MP sensor and ToF sensor, and a rear camera module with 48MP, 16MP, and 13MP components, and a ToF sensor. Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 development kit will cost $1,349 and will be delivered in early February.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 Development Kit features:
- Qualcomm Kryo 680 CPU enables 25% higher performance and incredible power efficiency
- Qualcomm Adreno 660 GPU delivers 35% faster graphics rendering
- 6th Gen Qualcomm Artificial Intelligence (AI) Engine with Qualcomm Hexagon 780 Processor
- Capture 120FPS burst photo at 12 MP
- First 4K HDR with computational HDR video capture
- World’s First CAI Compliant camera – ensure the security & validity of images
- Qualcomm Spectra 580 ISP, 35% faster than the previous generation with 2.7 Gigapixels per second processing and 12 MP Burst Photo capture at 120 fps
- Qualcomm Snapdragon Elite Gaming including Variable Rate Shading (VRS) provides an up to 30% performance improvement for richer game worlds. Qualcomm Game Quick Touch increases responsiveness by up to 20%
- Qualcomm Aqstic Smart speaker amplifier engineered almost doubling the previous generation of smart speakers
- Qualcomm Wi-Fi 6E-ready mobile platform
Connectors, ports, and accessories available with the Snapdragon 888 mobile HDK include:
- Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax), 802.11ac Wave 2, 802.11a/b/g/n
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Bluetooth 5.1
- NFC card connector reserved
- I/O interfaces
- 2x M.2
- 1x USB 3.1 Type C and 2x USB 3.0 Type A
- DisplayPort over USB 3.1 Type-C
- 1x USB 2.0 micro-B (UART)
- 1x Micro SD/UFS card
- 2x MIPI 4-lane DSI
- 6x MIPI CSI with support for 3D camera configuration
- 1x HDMI 2.0 out
- Expansion headers for additional features
- Sensor input/output
- Audio input/output
- Optional accessories
- Display and expansion board: 6.65” AMOLED display (2340×1080) with capacitive touch panel
- Camera daughter card: 16MP + 48MP + 13MP Rear Camera