Sony Spatial Reality Display Introduction
As earlier teased, Sony at CES showcased Spatial Reality Display technology. Capable to present 3D images visible to naked eyes in a three-dimensional way, making it easy for designers to create.
A display that reproduces spatial images in three-dimensions as if they were real, allowing creators to fully express their vision when sharing product designs or showing variations in color or shape, and deliver their intent to the viewer. With its extraordinary realism and level of detail, it expands the scope of video expression, for instance in displays and three-dimensional signage in stores, while allowing the viewer to see the depth, texture, and appearance of the object with a real sense of presence.Sony
According to the description, the device uses a traditional LCD screen with an optical lens above it to refract light and create a 3D effect. Because of the need for sufficient distance to provide space for the lens and to facilitate the placement of designers, the display uses a triangular three-dimensional design, the function of the hollow design is unknown.
Sony Spatial Reality Display is equipped with a camera that can sense the three-dimensional data of the face while tracking facial expressions. This feature is expected to provide a real-time motion capture function, the face expression movement corresponds to the 3D character, to facilitate the creation of animation and real-time inspection effect.
Sony Spatial Reality Display Features
- Our unique eye-sensing technology constantly senses the position of your eyes and delivers a bright, clear 3D image to each one.
- Content extends deep within the display from any viewing angle. Simply moving around—up or down, side to side—makes you feel like you’re interacting with the content right in front of you.
- Sony’s proprietary high-speed sensor follows eye movement down to the millisecond, sensing pupil position through space on all three axes: vertical, horizontal, and even depth.
- The Spatial Reality Display leverages an original algorithm for processing real-time content for each eye without lag. This allows the 3D world to appear as smooth as in real life, even if you move around.
- The micro-optical lens is positioned precisely over the stunning 15.6-inches (diag.) LCD display4. This lens divides the image into the left and right eyes allowing for stereoscopic viewing with just the naked eye.
- Discover a new medium and reality. Our legacies of cutting-edge visual and 3D technology combine for an incredible optical experience where detailed texture, high contrast, and luminous brightness come together to create a portal to another world.
- Designed to stimulate the imaginations of creators in various disciplines, the Spatial Reality Display is a radical new expression of 3D and a new medium for artistic innovation.
- Compatible with Unity and Unreal Engine 4, the Spatial Reality Display allows for easy exporting of new or existing 3D content using Sony’s Software Development Kit (SDK).
- Sony’s dedicated SDK makes it easy for 3D creators to develop content for the Spatial Reality Display using Unity and Unreal Engine.
Sony Spatial Reality Display Specifications and Price
|Specs||Sony Spatial Reality Display|
|15.125 x 9.25 x 9.125″|
(383 x 232 x 231 mm)
|Weight||With Optional Parts: 10.8 lb (4.9 kg)|
Weight Without Optional Parts: 10.2 lb (4.6 kg)
|Sensor||High-speed Vision Sensor: Eye-sensing vision sensor built in|
Viewing Distance: 30 cm–75 cm
Viewing Angle: Up 20 degrees, down 40 degrees, left and right 25 degrees
Number Of Users At A Time: 1
|Display||Size: 15.6 inches|
Luminance: 500 nits
Gamut: Adobe RGB approx. 100%
Color Temperature: 6500K
Panel Resolution: 3,840 pixels x 2,160 pixels
|Audio||Speakers: 5.5 W (1.5 W + 1.5 W + 2.5 W)|
|Connectivity||Hdmi Input: 1|
Control Terminal: 1 (USB 3.2 Gen1 Type-C)
Power: DC IN: 12V 2.0A
|Power and Energy Saving||Power Consumption (in operation): 24 W|
Power Consumption (in standby): 0.5 W
|Environment||Illuminance: 100 lux—1,000 lux|
Temperature: 32–104 °F (0–40 °C)
Humidity: 20–80 % (No condensation)
|Supported Game Engines||Unity: 2019.4 (recommended), 2018.4, 2020.1|
Unreal Engine 4: 4.25 (recommended), 4.24
|Language||Display Language: English / French|
PC Software: English / French
|Accessibility||Text To Speech: Yes|
|In The Box||AC adapter (1)|
Power cord (1)
USB Type-C cable (1)
HDMI cable (1)
Warranty card (1)
Instruction manual (1)
Side panels (2) (left and right)
Top flange (1)
Bottom stand (1)
Cleaning cloth (1)