Sony Spatial Reality Display
Sony Electronics announced the debut of a groundbreaking new product made with Sony’s eye sensing light field display (ELFD) technology – ” Sony Spatial Reality Display” – SR Display.
The display, originally shown to attendees at CES in the US in January this year, is known as an “eye sensing light field display”, It does not require the user to wear specific VR glasses or a headset, and only uses technology that uses eye-tracking to render realistic 3D objects. The Sony Spatial Reality Display consists of a 15.6-inch 4K LCD with a high-speed vision sensor that tracks eye movement and position as it moves around the display, and a micro-optical lens, located above the LCD, that separates the left and right eye screens to create stereoscopic images.
The SR Display uses top-of-the-line real-time rendering algorithms, so it requires a powerful PC with at least an Intel Core i7-class processor and NVIDIA’s RTX 2070 Super-class GPU. The SR Display enables creators in industries ranging from automotive and industrial design to computer graphics (CG) and visual effects (VFX), as well as creators in film, to bring their ideas to life in a stunning 3D display.
In terms of pricing, the Sony SR Display price is $4,999.99 approximately ₹3,60,700. It will be available on the Sony Store and other retailers in November.
Sony Spatial Reality Display Specifications
- Dimension: Approx. 15.125 x 9.25 x 9.125″ (383 x 232 x 231 mm), 15.125 x 9.25 x 9.75″ (383 x 232 x 247 mm) (including accessories)
- Weight With Optional Parts: Approx. 10.8 lb (4.9 kg) (including accessories)
- Weight Without Optional Parts: Approx. 10.2 lb (4.6 kg)
- High-speed Vision Sensor: Eye-sensing vision sensor built-in
- Viewing Distance: 30 cm–75 cm
- Viewing Angle: Up 20 degrees, down 40 degrees, left and right 25 degrees2
- Number Of Users At A Time: 1
- Display Luminance: 500 nits
- Contrast: 1400:1
- Gamut: Adobe RGB approx. 100%
- Color Temperature: 6500K
- Panel Resolution: 3,840 pixels x 2,160 pixels4
- Speakers: 5.5 W (1.5 W + 1.5 W + 2.5 W)
- Connectivity: HDMI INPUT 1,
- Control Terminal: 1 (USB 3.2 Gen1 Type-C)
- POWER: DC IN: 12V 2.0A
- Power and Energy Saving: Power Consumption (In Operation) – 24 W, Power Consumption (In Standby) – 0.5 W
- Illuminance: 100 lux—1,000 lux
- Temperature: 32–104 °F (0–40 °C)
- Humidity: 20–80 % (No condensation)
- Supported Game Engines: UNITY – 2019.4 (recommended), 2018.4, 2020.1, Unreal Engine 4 – 4.25 (recommended), 4.24
- What’s In The Box: AC adapter (1), Power cord (1), USB Type-C, cable (1), HDMI cable (1), Warranty card (1), Instruction manual (1), Side panels (2) (left and right), Top flange (1), Bottom stand (1), Cleaning cloth (1)