MediaTek Dimensity 1000C Introduction
Yesterday evening, MediaTek officially launched a new 5G chip, the Dimensity 1000C, on its official website, and it’s easy to see from the naming that this is still a variant of the Dimensity 1000 series, whose main market is the United States, and will be the first to debut on T-Mobile’s custom LG VELVET 5G.
According to the official information from MediaTek, the Dimensity 1000C has four Arm Cortex-A77 large cores, four Arm Cortex-A55 small cores up to 2.0GHz, and five Mali-G57 GPU cores up to 2.0Ghz, up to 12GB of LPDDR4X RAM, and UFS 2.2 ROM.
The first model with this chip is not a new one, the LG VELVET 5G was unveiled back in July, but the processor it came with in Korea was the Snapdragon 765G, which was upgraded to the 1000C this time, so it seems to be an improvement in performance, and it’s also the first LG product back in the phone market.
The U.S. version of the LG VELVET 5G is no different from the Korean version in terms of looks, and the rear teardrop-like layout of the camera arrangement gives it a very high value, and the phone will start shipping on September 10 for $588.
MediaTek Dimensity 1000C Specifications
- CPU: Arm Cortex-A77@2GHz, Arm Cortex-A55@2GHz
- Cores: Octa (8)
- CPU Bit: 64-bit
- Heterogeneous Multi-Processing: Yes
- Memory Type: LPDDR4x
- Max Memory Frequency: 1866MHz
- Max Memory Size: 12GB
- Storage Type: UFS 2.2
- Cellular Technologies: 2G/3G/4G/5G Multi-Mode, 4G Carrier Aggregation (CA), 5G Carrier Aggregation (CA), CDMA2000 1x/EVDO Rev. A (SRLTE), EDGE, 4G FDD/TDD, 5G FDD/TDD, GSM, TD-SCDMA, WDCDMA
- Specific Functions: SA & NSA modes; SA Option 2, NSA Option 3/3a /3x, NR TDD Band, NR FDD Band, DSS, NR DL 2CC, 120 MHz bandwidth, 4×4 MIMO, 256QAM NR UL 2CC, 2×2 MIMO, 256QAM VoNR / EPS fallback
- Peak Download Speed: 2.3 Gbps
- Peak Upload Speed: 1.2 Gbps
- Wi-Fi Antenna: 2T2R
- Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi 5 (a/b/g/n/ac)
- Bluetooth Version: 5.1
- FM Radio: Yes
- Camera: Max Camera ISP – 32+16MP, 64MP
- Max Video Capture Resolution: 3840 x 2160
- Camera Features: HDR-ISP (3+2) / Video HDR / Video NR / Video Bokeh / Video EIS / AI-Shutter / AI-3A / AI-NR / AI-HDR / AI-FD
- GPU Type- Arm Mali-G57 MC5
- Max Display Resolution: 2520 x 1080
- Video Encoding: H.264, H.265 / HEVC
- Video Playback: H.264, H.265 / HEVC, VP-9, AV1