Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G
Qualcomm has just announced the official launch of the Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G mobile platform, an upgraded version of last year’s Snapdragon 730G, with both CPU and GPU frequencies, similar to the move from the Snapdragon 765G to the Snapdragon 768G.
The Snapdragon 732G CPU part is still two Kryo 470 large cores (Magic A760) and six Kryo 470 small cores (Magic A55), with the former increasing its frequency from 2.2GHz to 2.3GHz and the latter remaining at 1.8GHz. The GPU part is still the Adreno 618, which officially claims a 15 percent performance boost, though the exact frequency won’t be disclosed yet.
Elsewhere, the Snapdragon 732G specifications still have all the specs of the Snapdragon 730G: Samsung’s 8nm LPP manufacturing process, Hexagon 688 DSP, Spectra 350 ISP (supporting 36MP single or 22MP dual-camera), and 2×16-bit LPDDR4X-1866 RAM.
Notably, it’s also a 4G SoC with integrated Snapdragon X15 LTE 4G baseband, up to LTE Cat.15/13 support, the maximum download speed of 800Mbps (triple carrier aggregation) and highest upload speed of 150Mbps (dual-carrier aggregation).
Xiaomi’s brand POCO also revealed in press note of Qualcomm that they will be premiering the Snapdragon 732G, but no specific device or release time confirmed.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G Features
- Snapdragon 732G enhancements: Select Snapdragon Elite Gaming features, Faster Kryo 470 CPU, Up to 15% faster Adreno 618 GPU, Up to 3.6 AI TOPS performance
- Qualcomm aptX Adaptive Audio and Qualcomm Aqstic Technology support a smooth, crystal-clear audio experience
- Qualcomm Voice Assistant Accelerator provides instant access to your voice assistant
- CV-ISP enables 4K HDR with Portrait mode and real-time object segmentation
- Hardware Accelerator for HEIF image format saves photos, videos and computer vision data at half the size of traditional file storage formats for greater storage capacity
- Bluetooth 5.1 with audio broadcast and ultra-low power ear bud support
- Wi-Fi 6-ready features to support fast and robust connected experiences at increased range in 2.4 and 5 GHz Wi-Fi bands
- Kryo 470 CPU, built on the latest Arm Cortex Technology, provides power-efficient performance across its 2 performance and 6 efficiency cores
- Biometric Authentication (Fingerprint, Iris, Voice, Face)
Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G vs Snapdragon 730G Comparison
|Feature||Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G||Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G|
|CPU Clock Speed||Up to 2.3 GHz||Up to 2.2 GHz|
|CPU Cores||Kryo 470 CPU |
|Kryo 470 CPU |
|Process||8 nm||8 nm|
|DSP||Unannounced||Qualcomm Hexagon 688 DSP|
Qualcomm Hexagon Vector eXtensions (HVX)
Qualcomm All-Ways Aware
|Downlink LTE Category||LTE Category 15||LTE Category 15|
|Uplink LTE Category||LTE Category 13||LTE Category 13|
|Downlink Carrier Aggregation||3×20 MHz carrier aggregation||3×20 MHz carrier aggregation|
|Uplink Carrier Aggregation||2×20 MHz carrier aggregation||2×20 MHz carrier aggregation|
|LTE Peak Download Speed||800 Mbps||800 Mbps|
|LTE Peak Upload Speed||150 Mbps||150 Mbps|