It’s been almost two years since the release of the WH-1000XM3. And now, two years later, we are all neck-deep in anticipation of what upgrades the new generation of noise-canceling headphones will bring to the benchmark.
- Its noise cancellation will be even more extreme?
- How will its sound change?
- What else does it have to improve on the shoulders of its predecessor?
- Today, the Sony WH-1000XM4 comes with answers.
Sony WH-1000XM4 New Features
- In the previous QN1 noise-canceling chip based on improved algorithms, to 700 times per second to sense music, calls, and noise signals to optimize the real-time noise reduction effect.
- The Multi-microphone system better recognizes voice and filters background noise to improve call quality.
- Smart free pick function, recognizes people talking automatically switch to the ambient sound amplification mode and pause the music, automatically switch back to noise reduction mode after the conversation, and play music.
- DSEE Extreme Digital Sound Enhancement Engine Advanced Edition, not only can restore compressed audio lost high-frequency signals, but also based on Sony Edge-AI artificial intelligence technology, through the analysis of massive music data to make up for the compressed music richness and detail, to achieve better high-frequency instruments and female voice reproduction effect.
- Bluetooth multi-point connection, you can connect two devices at the same time, automatic switching of incoming calls.
- Sensor and motion sensor, support to remove the pause and disable the touchpad to prevent misoperation and turn off the LED indicator light, automatically shut down after 15 minutes of removal.
- Location-based learning function set different noise reduction and ambient sound balance solutions for different places you frequent, and change different EQ settings and smart off-hook function.
- The WH-1000XM4 has a custom EQ equalizer in LDAC high-quality mode (88.2/96kHz) with DSEE Extreme enabled.
Sony WH-1000XM4, equipped with the newly upgraded HD noise reduction processor QN1, a multi-microphone system, and a high-performance Bluetooth chip. The headset is capable of sensing the collected music, voice, and noise signals more than 700 times per second through a more advanced algorithm, optimizing the noise cancellation effect in real-time.
The WH-1000XM4 is equipped with a 40mm driver unit, aluminized LCP diaphragm, LDAC Bluetooth transmission support, and DSEE Extreme technology (Digital Sound Enhancement Engine Advanced Edition) to recover high-frequency signals lost during compression, presenting high-resolution music with wide range variations and depth of sound.
The “Smart Dialogue” function automatically pauses the music playing and puts it into ambient sound when you start a conversation and resumes automatically when the conversation is over.
Besides, the WH-1000XM4 supports the simultaneous connection of two Bluetooth devices and fast switching; battery life of about 30 hours, support for “10 minutes of charging, 5 hours of listening to music” fast-charging function, weighing about 254g, with a custom button to activate the phone’s voice assistant.
The WH-1000XM4 model has a suggested retail price of $349.99 and is available for pre-order today at Best Buy, Amazon and other authorized dealers in black and silver and will be available for purchase in mid-August.