Ready for PlayStation 5 Sony Bravia TV Lineup
The highly anticipated next-generation gaming console PlayStation 5 will be launched in the holiday season at the end of this year. In this regard, Sony today announced the “Ready for PlayStation 5” models in the existing BRAVIA TV lineup. In collaboration with Sony Interactive Entertainment, a new label “Ready for PlayStation 5” was created for TVs, aiming to help consumers more easily choose the ideal TV partner for PS5.
Sony says the first “Ready for PlayStation 5” Sony TV models include the X9000H/X9088H/X9100H, a full-array backlit 4K HDR TV with outstanding performance, and the Z8H, an 8K HDR TV.Tweet
The X9000H/X9088H/X9100H is capable of displaying up to 4K-resolution gaming at a frame rate of 120 fps with input latency as low as 7.2 ms. The Z8H is capable of displaying richly detailed 8K-resolution images, while also displaying 4K-resolution gaming at a smoother 120fps frame rate; which depending on PlayStation 5 games specifications. Both series of TVs are capable of providing a smooth gaming experience for the next-generation game console PS5.
Sony’s “Ready for PlayStation 5” TVs also have the BRAVIA Game Mode feature, which automatically provides gamers with a low-latency gaming experience on PS5. Thanks to this feature, the DualSense PS5 wireless controller can be used to turn on both the TV and PS5 at the same time, and the PS5 can also be seamlessly controlled with the TV remote.
- Time to market is subject to official news from Sony Interactive Entertainment.
- 8K: 7,680 x 4,320 pixels. 4K: 3,840 x 2,160 pixels. The streaming media platform that needs to be supported provides HDR-compatible content or connects to HDR-compatible content devices through HDMI input. HDMI cables need to be purchased separately.
- 4K/120fps display to be realized through the BRAVIA TV firmware upgrade in the future.
- The input delay is based on internal test conditions. The 4K/120fps game is connected to the X9000H/X9088H/X9100H TV through the HDMI interface. It may be different in the actual use environment or specific conditions.
- BRAVIA TV will display PS5’s 8K game images through firmware upgrades in the future.
- The TV remote control provides automatic power switch synchronization and basic cursor control functions of the PlayStation game console.