Panasonic Toughbook A3 Introduction
Panasonic recently introduced the Toughbook A3 tablet, a new Android tablet featuring a sturdy body is a selling point and follows the design language of the series.
Panasonic Toughbook A3 Android Tablet with a 10.1-inch LCD Screen with a resolution of 1920×1200 pixels and a peak brightness of 800 nits. The bezel is surrounded by five customizable physical buttons. The volume rocker and power button. The tablet comes with two batteries, which can be replaced if needed. There’s also a built-in stylus, a USB-A and USB Type-C port, dual SIM support, and a USB 2.0 port.
Besides, the Toughbook A3 is IP65 water and dust resistant and is MIL-STD-compliant 810H certified for high durability. It comes with the Panasonic Compass kit for enterprise management tools. This includes a barcode scanner, smart card reader, or a second USB-A port.
This rugged tablet is powered by a mid-range Snapdragon 660 chipset, 4GB RAM, 64GB of storage, expandable via a microSD slot. On the software side, it runs on the outdated Android 9 Pie OS. It also supports all major GNSS systems.
The Toughbook A3 comes with two batteries with a capacity of 3200mAH on a single charge of 8 hours of use. Panasonic also offers the option to expand it to a 5500mAH battery, which can increase the usage time up to 15 hours.
Flagship Honor Tablet V6 Official Now With Kirin 985 SoC – Suggested Reading.
In terms of price and availability, the Panasonic Toughbook A3 retails in the UK for £1,882, which is approx, and will be available in August.
Panasonic Toughbook A3 Specifications
- Operating System: Android 9.0 (Pie)
- CPU : Snapdragon 660, 2.2GHz/1.843GHz Octa-core
- Durability: Fully Rugged
- Display : 10.1″ WUXGA 1920 x 1200
- 10-point capacitive multi-touch with rain sensing and glove touch modes
- Display Features: Display with direct bonding, Automatic screen rotation, Anti-reflective (AR) screen treatment, 500nit typical (800nit max)
- Battery: Expandable Upto 5580mAh
- Ports & Expansions : microSDXC (up to 64 GB), Docking Connector, USB 3.0 Type-C host3 (OTG, BC1.2), USB Type-A host, Mini-jack stereo headphone & microphone; Optional xPak area with choice of 1D/2D barcode reader (SE4750) with LED light, Insertable Smart Card or 2nd USB Type-A. Combinations vary by SKU configuration.
- Wireless : Qualcomm WCN3990 IEEE802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/d/h/i/r/k/v/w with MIMO
- Sierra Wireless AirPrime EM7511 – 4G LTE and HSPA+ Certified with Verizon, AT&T, and FirstNet
- Nano SIM card slot (x2)
- Bluetooth V5.0 Class1
- GPS GPS/GLONASS/Galileo/Beidou/QZSS
- Near Field Communication [NFC – Type A, Type B, FeliCa.
- Weight: Approx. 1.98 lb. with dual batteries
- Certifications: Designed to meet MIL-STD-810H
- IP65 dust and water-resistant
- Warranty : 3-year limited warranty, parts, and labor