Qualcomm WI-FI 6E, 6GHz band Introduction And Bluetooth 5.2 Introduction
Qualcomm has officially released its full range of Qualcomm Wi-Fi 6E solutions, the next generation of its Networking Pro series, including 1610, 1210, 810, and 1610 products, extending the key feature set of Wi-Fi 6 to the 6GHz band, delivering gigabit speeds, high bandwidth, and low latency for a wireless experience comparable to that of wired networks.
The new platform introduces Qualcomm’s tri-band Wi-Fi 6 technology, which can operate in the 2.4GHz, 5GHz, and 6GHz bands simultaneously, with the 6GHz band ranging from 5925-7125MHz, containing 7 160MHz channels, 14 80MHz channels, 29 40MHz channels, and 60 20MHz channels.
The second generation of Networking Pro platform is still based on quad-core A53 CPU, the highest frequency is still 2.2GHz, among which the flagship level of Networking Pro 1610 is the world’s first to support 16-way Wi-Fi 6/Wi-Fi 6E data streaming (4+8+4), while the industry is the first to support up to 2,000 concurrent users/devices, which is a whole third more than the previous generation, PHY physical layer peak rate also surged from 6.0Gbps to 10.8Gbps, which is ideal for deploying home Wi-Fi mesh system, company, school, large public places enterprise access point.
The Networking Pro 1210 supports 12 streams (4+4+4) with a peak rate of 8.4Gbps, 40% higher than its predecessor. The Networking Pro 810 core frequency drops to 1.8GHz, supports 8 streams (2+2+4), and has a peak rate of 6.6Gbps, which is 60% higher than its predecessor. The Networking Pro 610 is a 6-channel stream (2+2+2 or 2+4) with a peak rate of 5.4 Gbps, 200% higher than its predecessor.
The new generation of Networking Pro series platforms supports a wealth of Qualcomm networking technologies, including.
- User Maximization Network Architecture: The industry’s first network architecture that manages and maintains connections for up to 2,000 users simultaneously, providing a stable network and sustained throughput.
- Multi-User Traffic Management: Advanced scheduling algorithms and caching with universal uplink data support, advanced multi-user solutions optimized for high-density user environments, including up to 37-user OFDMA on a single channel and 8-user MU-MIMO on a single channel.
- 4K QAM modulation technology: provides 20% higher throughput than standard Wi-Fi 6E, enables end-to-end transmission of up to 2.4Gbps per link and is well compatible with mobile terminals and computing devices.
- Tri-band Wi-Fi 6 for mesh networks: enhanced based on Qualcomm Wi-Fi SON self-organized network, supporting self-healing, self-configuration, self-healing, and self-defense, can be interconnected with mesh nodes operating in the 6GHz band, and after the return traffic migrates to the 6GHz band, can provide smooth 5GHz spectrum resources for devices, significantly reducing network congestion, improving throughput and stability.
- Wi-Fi Security Suite: The complete WPA3 security suite, combined with a state-of-the-art embedded encryption accelerator, ensures business security for all Wi-Fi data access points.
Qualcomm Networking Pro Wi-Fi 6E series platform is now shipping and is expected to be commercialized this year.
Wi-Fi 6E 6GHz band, Bluetooth 5.2 tightly coupled
In addition to the full line of Wi-Fi 6E, tri-band-enabled, second-generation Networking Pro series wireless platforms, Qualcomm today unveiled the world’s leading portfolio of mobile wireless connectivity, with Wi-Fi 6E 6GHz band, Bluetooth 5.2 tightly coupled and the world’s first in speed.
Qualcomm’s FastConnect 6900 and FastConnect 6700 solutions are based on Qualcomm’s leading Wi-Fi 6E, Bluetooth audio technology, and are the industry’s fastest mobile Wi-Fi solutions with peak rates of 3.6Gbps and 3Gbps, respectively, and support for VR-level low latency, cutting-edge Bluetooth technology for an immersive audio experience.
Huawei Wi-Fi 6+ Technology and Difference Between Wi-Fi 6 – Suggested For You.
Both new solutions also feature the industry’s first 4K QAM advanced modulation technology and span the 2.4GHz, 5GHz, and 6GHz bands, increasing the maximum QAM rate from 1K to 4K on all supported bands to enhance the gaming experience and Ultra HD streaming capabilities.
160MHz channels are also supported on the 5GHz and 6GHz bands, significantly increasing throughput while reducing congestion. FastConnect 6900 also achieves a unique quad dual-band concurrency on the frequency band including 6GHz, resulting in higher transmission speeds.
To fundamentally improve network capacity and network efficiency to provide reliable network performance even in the most densely populated homes, businesses, and public spaces, the new solution incorporates several new differentiated features, including.
- The addition of up to 1200MHz of spectrum resources in the 6GHz band significantly increases Wi-Fi network capacity, more than doubling the number of data paths from the current base.
- In addition to supporting 160MHz channels in the 5GHz band, the dual-band 160MHz feature can support up to seven non-overlapping channels in the 6GHz band.
- Full band coverage and support for high-performance uplink/downstream MU-MIMO, OFDMA mobile technology.
- The new Wi-Fi 6 uplink MU-MIMO feature enables network capacity to be increased by more than 2.5 times.
The new solution also features ultra-low latency, with up to 8x lower latency in dense environments, to meet the wireless VR-level latency required by head-up devices, i.e. less than 3 milliseconds, for both mobile gaming and XR augmented reality.
Besides, the new solution is manufactured using a 14nm process that supports an advanced power management architecture that improves power consumption by up to 50 percent over its predecessor and further reduces power consumption by reducing channel congestion and improving scheduling algorithms.
The FastConnect 6900/6700 solutions all integrate the latest Bluetooth 5.2 audio technology with key features including.
- Includes a second Bluetooth antenna that supports smart switching for the ultimate in Bluetooth connectivity reliability and coverage to address common signal blocking issues.
- Designed for emerging low-power audio experiences such as multipoint audio sharing and broadcast audio, it can support multiple audio connections simultaneously.
- The aptX Adaptive supports audio up to 96kHz, comparable to that of a wired connection, and offers a high-quality calling experience with ultra-broadband.
- When used with Qualcomm QCC5141, QCC5144, QCC3046, QCC3040 Audio SoCs, users can enjoy robust, top-notch sound quality at low power consumption.
- Innovative transmission efficiency and coexistence algorithms that significantly expand coverage and improve link robustness.
Qualcomm FastConnect 6900 and 6700 solution is out in prototype and is expected to ship in the second half of 2020, with partners including Asus, LG Electronics, OPPO, OnePlus, Sharp, Xiaomi, and others.