Today, Samsung officially announced the new notebook Samsung Galaxy Book S, the main features of the thin and light, the thinnest body is only 6.2 mm, the weight of 950g. Besides, the machine is also the first product with the Intel Lakefield 3D Foveros package processor.
Although the machine has the world premiere of the Intel Lakefield 5 core processor, but did not disclose the specific model and specifications, but called it “Intel Core processor with Intel Hybrid Technology” (Intel Hybrid Technology Core processor).
This time Samsung is using a Core i5-L16G7 with one large core (Sunny Cove) + four small cores (Tremont) five-core CPU, 4MB of triple cache, maximum 3.0GHz main frequency, as well as the integration of the 11th generation of nuclear display UHD, 64 execution units, including 10nm process for the computing layer and 22nm process for the base layer.
On the outside, it features a 13.3-inch LCD touchscreen with a display level of 1080P and a narrow bezel design with a 1-megapixel camera, supports fingerprint recognition. The machine is available in both gold and silver colorways.
Arm Cortex A78 And Cortex X1 Comparison And Specifications – Suggested Reading.
In other configurations, the machine comes with 8GB LPDDR4X RAM + 256/512GB eUFS storage and a built-in 42Whr capacity battery. Equipped with AKG quad stereo speakers (Dolby Atoms), support for Giga+Wi-Fi 6 2×2 wireless card (Bluetooth 5.0), 4G LTE Cat.16 (optional). Two USB-C jacks and a 3.5mm headphone jack + microSD card reader (1TB max) are provided. Besides, the launch time and price of the machine have not been announced.
Samsung Galaxy Book S Full Specifications
- OS: Windows 10 Home/Pro
- Display: 13.3″ FHD TFT LCD Display with Touch Screen Panel
- Dimension: 305.2 x 203.2 x 6.2 ~ 11.8 mm
- Weight: 950g
- CPU: Intel® Core™ processor with Intel Hybrid Technology
- Graphic: Intel® UHD Graphics
- Memory: 8GB RAM (LPDDR4x)
- Storage: 256/512GB eUFS, MicroSD slot (up to 1TB)
- Camera: 1MP
- Battery: 42Wh (typical5)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 6 (Gig+) 802.11 ax 2×2, LTE6 (Cat 16), Bluetooth: 5.0
- Ports: 2 USB-C®, 1 Headphone-out/Mic-in Combo, MicroSD Multi-media Card Reader
- Sensors: Fingerprint Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor (Keyboard Backlit on/off), Hall Sensor
- Authentication: Windows Hello sign-in with fingerprint
- Audio: Quad Stereo Speakers, Sound by AKG
- Immersive sound with Dolby Atmos technology